Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Midtown Madness > Is this officially dead or what? TIME TO DE-COMPLICATE

Is this officially dead or what? TIME TO DE-COMPLICATE

Michaeveli

đã Post14 Tháng 3 2011 - 9:32 pm
Hey Coma, It's good to see your opinions and ideas.

I do see that their has been a decline in the small population since the launch of the A/C. Nowadays I can sit in a lobby and have a really hard time getting at least 6 players. I think in the back of my head if the A/C really necessary for an old game with an small population, would it cut an already small community in half? It's just a game isn't it? It's not like we win awards or anything special for a game? It's just a game. So why is the A/C really important? To keep the dumb cheaters out? I do like the A/C, since it blocks or mods and equalizes FPS. I haven't heard of it being hack free, so then what's the point if there is another alternative to cheat? Has anyone tested with the Speed hack? Is it detectable? I think if we have an A/C it should be near 100% proof, if it isn't then what's the point. The smart cheaters will still be in the game while the dumb cheaters either stay or quit. We need to get A/C 100% cheat proof or else it's pointless. We need to get our population back, get newbies, and get the games flowing again, that's more important than anything else.

My thoughts, anyone else please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 Michaeveli

Đã được sửa15 Tháng 3 2011 - 9:59 pm bởiMichaeveli
I have an idea to get more players involved in tournaments, If we could provide awards/badges for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners, so playing a tournament would actually mean something. The badges would display on the players profile. Take a look http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/37/Tournaments. This is currently only for AoC and other games on Voobly. Maybe we can use it for MM2, what do you think guys?
 Marky

đã Post15 Tháng 3 2011 - 11:52 pm
SOMEONE has to do SOMETHING

Everytime i go on voobly, what do i see ? Absolutly nothing

People in the know have to realise that this anticheat has caused more problems than helping the issue that is getting more people in the lobby...

More people could mean EXTRA REVENUE and more revenue can mean happier developers and times that by 2 and we get better investment... more investment means building a better MM2 lobby........

Instead, all we have is a ****hole of a place where no ****er will come, coz of all the above and the attitude of people in the lobby as well.......

REALITY CHECK PLEASE VOOBLY
 _XBD_sk8_

đã Post16 Tháng 3 2011 - 9:13 pm
pew pew pew. me i did not quit because of the anti-cheat i dont mind 1 or none.
i just cant play anymore . i am working everyday, morning to 8 am to 2hpm and school 4h to 11h. and when i come on voobly there is no1 anyway .

i was playing mid tourny before but i cannot make it anymore lol
 Capillary_Coma

đã Post17 Tháng 3 2011 - 12:03 am
**** it
 Capillary_Coma

đã Post17 Tháng 3 2011 - 12:05 am
Marky wrote:
SOMEONE has to do SOMETHING

Everytime i go on voobly, what do i see ? Absolutly nothing

People in the know have to realise that this anticheat has caused more problems than helping the issue that is getting more people in the lobby...

More people could mean EXTRA REVENUE and more revenue can mean happier developers and times that by 2 and we get better investment... more investment means building a better MM2 lobby........

Instead, all we have is a ****hole of a place where no ****er will come, coz of all the above and the attitude of people in the lobby as well.......

REALITY CHECK PLEASE VOOBLY

yeah
 Daikatana85

đã Post17 Tháng 3 2011 - 6:48 pm
I love you, Cappy <3
 _MID_fudgie

đã Post18 Tháng 3 2011 - 11:34 pm
As soon as you can get rid of the IP into a game with the NAT Traversal, things should get back to normal, and MAYBE then we can try for MODTOWNMANIA IV :D
 _HoMeR_

đã Post19 Tháng 3 2011 - 6:52 pm
Quote:
I do like the A/C, since it blocks or mods and equalizes FPS. I haven't heard of it being hack free, so then what's the point if there is another alternative to cheat? Has anyone tested with the Speed hack? Is it detectable? I think if we have an A/C it should be near 100% proof, if it isn't then what's the point. The smart cheaters will still be in the game while the dumb cheaters either stay or quit. We need to get A/C 100% cheat proof or else it's pointless.
Absolutely agree with you Mike. THAT, plus connection issues. Just so everyone knows, something is in the works for us right now. An upgrade to connectivity & hopefully some polishing to A/C itself. I'll keep you guys posted.

Fudgie, you still owe me a list of files that you wanted me to include in the 'golden list' - its been ages! Please make a list so that I can send it off to Elusive. Thx.

Mania 4 - Summer is coming up, I had something in my mind - good thing you guys have also come up with something similar. I will plan out an event and this time I need a lot of help from you all, updates will be provided soon - so keep on checking in. Thanks for the concern.
 _MID_fudgie

đã Post19 Tháng 3 2011 - 11:29 pm
The list is irrelevant to be fair Homer, but anything like shader mod and visual appearances which dont lag out the game are fine by me, like your HUD Mods and stuff that people love to use ;)

But if a list is what you would like then I'll make some time available :)
 Michaeveli

đã Post20 Tháng 3 2011 - 12:11 am
@Goldenlist, Don't add MM2's Repaint mod. I tried it and noticed they switch the trees from London to SF, when you drive by or hit the tree, it has a different affect to the vehicle than the original SF tree's.
 _HoMeR_

đã Post20 Tháng 3 2011 - 5:27 am
That's some useful info guys, keep it up.

Fudgie, bro if you can make a list of safe game add-ons [like nyc city etc.] plz let me know and upload on rapidshare/megaupload if possible.
 Capillary_Coma

Đã được sửa20 Tháng 3 2011 - 7:58 pm bởiCapillary_Coma
don't talk about developing that ****ty thing in the thread i created to bring it down. OK, homer and Reebok?
That thing ruined voobly completetly for me, and for more people that don't talk, im sure of it

Plus i feel used. Looks like you're both abusing power riite there

(I LOVE YOU DAIK! VOOBLY NEEDS YOU)
 _HoMeR_

đã Post21 Tháng 3 2011 - 12:22 am
Hey Cap, I'd like to know how it ruined for u (no sarcasm!)
 Capillary_Coma

Đã được sửa26 Tháng 3 2011 - 6:25 am bởiCapillary_Coma
idk!! i tried reinstalls, tried every port in the router and maybe some more, i tried direct throught cable modem and didnt work either so probably isnt the router, AC on, AC off..

tried different hosts, tried hosting
nvr connects. Just frozen loading screen

[1]23
Hiển thị 1 - 15 ngoài 37 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách

What's popular right now: