Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > AoE HD compatibility patch issue: music.m3u is not in its proper place

AoE HD compatibility patch issue: music.m3u is not in its proper place

Suikeina

đã Post8 Tháng 12 2017 - 5:32 am
Now before I get started here, I've spent 3 hours reinstalling the game, patches, WololoKingdoms, and voobly. I've browsed these forums, reddit, google searched for answers, and following the directions in every help article linked by the mods on this forum.

The compatibility patch does not seem to include music.m3u. This file does not exist on my PC. I've redownloaded the patch, multiple times and nothing changes. Every time I try to do anything related to joining a game or making my own, the game lobby closes with this message:

Network Connection Error [Code: 50000000]

Can somebody help me set up everything? I'd really like to play AoE2HD on voobly instead of steam.
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 Troy

đã Post8 Tháng 12 2017 - 7:23 am
Please read and follow each step carefully :) https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Suikeina

Đã được sửa8 Tháng 12 2017 - 6:59 pm bởiSuikeina
I've followed that one, and the I've followed the most recently updated one multiple times. music.m3u does not exist. Every attempt at this has not created this file anywhere on my pc.

I'm going to once again, follow these steps, and the ones from the updated guide. Let's see if that damn file decides it wants to exist today.

Edit: Tried it again 2 more times. Followed the directions exactly. music.m3u is still missing.
 hrbchmbrs

đã Post9 Tháng 12 2017 - 7:38 pm
Having the same issue - were you able to get it resolved?
 [MM]Gallas

đã Post9 Tháng 12 2017 - 8:01 pm
music.m3u is the file which plays the background music. If thats just the only missing, you can try copy one from WK or a visual mod, maybe making an own empty-one. Keep in mind, by this the game may won't play the backgroundmusic.
 Suikeina

Đã được sửa9 Tháng 12 2017 - 8:47 pm bởiSuikeina
That would be fine with me. I've been trying to get an mp3 file that I renamed music.m3u to its "correct place". I'd assumed that it would be in

Local Disk > Program files x86 > Steam > steamapps > common > Age2HD > resources > _common > sound

but apparently that is not the right place, either that or this mp3 file I'm trying to use is incompatible.

I've tried a few other places as well, none of them have worked.
 [MM]Gallas

Đã được sửa9 Tháng 12 2017 - 8:47 pm bởi[MM]Gallas
I cannot check it now where is the location, but making the .m3u from a .txt is better imo than a .mp3 (as the .m3u is not a music file, just a playlist).
 Suikeina

Đã được sửa9 Tháng 12 2017 - 9:07 pm bởiSuikeina
Ok so, I just dropped an empty music.m3u file (from notepad) into every single folder (even all of the sub folders and sub folders in the sub folders) in my Age2HD directory and voobly still says its missing.

Now I'm seriously stumped.
 [MM]Gallas

đã Post9 Tháng 12 2017 - 9:10 pm
;shock
 potamos

Đã được sửa9 Tháng 12 2017 - 9:48 pm bởipotamos
i have the same problem -.-

it worked 3 monhts ago but now i´ve installed forgotten empire on steam i guess thats why it doesnt run anymore
 Troy

đã Post9 Tháng 12 2017 - 10:07 pm
You can download sound files to patch over the missing one http://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods/gamemods/browse2/13/1 (AOC Music) (Taunts) etc.
 Suikeina

đã Post10 Tháng 12 2017 - 5:03 am
I get a network error every time I try to download a mod through voobly.
 [MM]Gallas

đã Post10 Tháng 12 2017 - 7:40 am
Try download with dif browser like IE or firefox and you also have to allow Voobly at UAC.
 Suikeina

đã Post10 Tháng 12 2017 - 7:57 am
Whenever I try to download a mod with voobly, voobly tries to download an update before failing at 99% with a network error.

I'm still connected to the net and so is voobly.

How would downloading one of these music mods help exactly? Is voobly looking for a specific file or just anything named music.m3u? If it's just looking for anything that fits the name, then something is seriously wrong when it can't find the file when its in every single possible folder in the directory.

Would this issue have anything to do with the fact that I'm forced to use the manual install? Voobly just goes into a loop whenever I try to install the patch from the game diagnostic tool. It notifies me that I need to download the patch and that it will do it for me if I press yes. Press yes, patch has been successfully installed, rescan, tells me to download the patch and repeat.

It never downloads anything.
 Jineapple

đã Post18 Tháng 12 2017 - 1:40 pm
It should open an extra dialog for the download. If it doesn't do that, you'll have to download it manually from [You must login to view link]

When installing, double-check that the install folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD (without \New Folder or anything of the sort at the end)

[1]2
Hiển thị 1 - 15 ngoài 27 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách