Infected RPG

Vaultboy

Đã được sửa25 Tháng 9 2013 - 1:49 pm bởiVaultboy
I N F E C T E D
Completed!

Relevant Information

This is a scenario for 4 players and requires the addition of 3 computer players. I recommend you make the computer players as follows. P5 - Britons ; P6 - Spanish ; P7 - Teutons.

The civilizations I recommend for each player are as follows. Britons ; Franks ; Japanese ; Aztec ; Byzantines. There is no specific choice for each player, these civilization recommendations are based on the units(weapons) available to you during the game.

Ingame Options

The host will have a 30 second window to choose between Survival Mode and Story Mode. If no choice has been made by 30 seconds, Survival Mode will be chosen by default.

Survival Mode
In this mode you each recieve only a single life, the objective is to survive for 45 minutes. All weapon sites and market locations will be active. All allied Survivor sites will be occupied but no checkpoints will be given.

Story Mode
In this mode you will each receive three lives. The objective is to complete a series of relatively easy missions, made difficult by the overwhelming presence of the Infected. All weapon sites and market locations will be active. All allied Survivor sites will be occupied and checkpoints will be given.

General Information

Upon arriving at an allied Survivor site a message will be displayed informing you that you have reached a checkpoint. This means any death after this message is displayed will result in any remaining Extra Lives respawning in this area.

Gold is required to purchase some weapons from allied Survivors. Gold can be gained by killing the Infected and by approaching Markets. Each Market has a 10 minute cool-down timer before you can reactivate them.

Weapon sites are shows as a Relic and a Flag B, the Relic displays the type of weapon available and the cost, if any. Standing on the flag will spawn a new unit wielding the weapon displayed on the Relic.

There are a number of Random Weapon sites, where there is a 1 in 6 chance of receiving varied weapons at no cost. Each of these Random Weapon sites has a 3 minute cool-down timer before you can reactivate it.

Download Link Updated V1.3 ~ http://orcristreborn.voobly.com/files/prompt/15042115

Map created by _Bone_
If there are any bugs or issues with the map (shouldn't be) I'd greatly appreciate them to be posted below. Thanks.
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

đã Post20 Tháng 8 2013 - 5:11 pm
Seems a good piece of work!
 Vaultboy

đã Post20 Tháng 8 2013 - 5:32 pm
Don't be afraid to download it ffs, yes it bites but its supposed to...
 DingDongPingPon

đã Post20 Tháng 8 2013 - 5:41 pm
I approve this map.
 Vaultboy

đã Post21 Tháng 8 2013 - 3:54 pm
Update v1,1
Main post link updated

Added conversion resistance to the Infected
Added increased healing speed to the Missionary (medi-pac) weapon option.

This will be the final upload of this map unless major bugs are found by you, the player.
 syssouffle

đã Post22 Tháng 9 2013 - 1:10 pm
I think the map is too easy, the "survival" mode is more a "wait" mode. If more units coming with time it could be really funny, also with better weapons for handle it, something strategic.

But very great job about city design.
 Vaultboy

Đã được sửa22 Tháng 9 2013 - 1:36 pm bởiVaultboy
Thanks for the feed back, finally someone has something to say about it. I'll look at increasing the speed of the spawns and perhaps the volume of enemy units for survival mode.
There are better weapons available around the map, you just have to go get them.

EDIT : I'v added a checkpoint for both game modes that will increase the speed the enemy units spawn and increases the maximum number of enemy units being spawned by 200. I hope this makes a more challenging game.

PS : thanks again for the feedback.
 syssouffle

Đã được sửa24 Tháng 9 2013 - 9:38 am bởisyssouffle
I think more units with time better than checkpoints, you have to prevent players wait and get bored. If they have always to walk somewhere for get special weapons or any bonus for survive then they are never bored. I think the most important point for make a survive game funny is to prevent players wait, you have to be sure they will die fast if they don't think or are passive, and not resign theyself, because your game will need reflexions and activity, else boring.

A good example is the start, you can wait here for 45 minutes and the challenge is done, this mean, actually, there isn't any challenge.

Also kill teutonics become fast boring, you have to shot and run, shot and run, shot and run, buy a weapon, shot and run, shot and run, buy a weapon... For 45 minutes.
For example: add some archers or mangudai without ballistics, like this you have to dodge them. Some boss too, with special rewards when you kill them why not. Use all city places for build the strategy, be sure players need to go everywhere for have a good chance to win.

First 10 minutes make it easy, after increase infected pop each 5 minutes, then at 40 minutes make it almost impossible, if they lose after they had fun they will play again.

And units disappears when they are near checkpoints, it break the challenge too, try find a new original gameplay.

Sorry for criticize so much lol, it's really for try help you make an epic survive map :)
 Vaultboy

Đã được sửa25 Tháng 9 2013 - 1:49 pm bởiVaultboy
syssouffle wrote:
I think more units with time better than checkpoints, you have to prevent players wait and get bored. If they have always to walk somewhere for get special weapons or any bonus for survive then they are never bored. I think the most important point for make a survive game funny is to prevent players wait, you have to be sure they will die fast if they don't think or are passive, and not resign theyself, because your game will need reflexions and activity, else boring.

A good example is the start, you can wait here for 45 minutes and the challenge is done, this mean, actually, there isn't any challenge.

Also kill teutonics become fast boring, you have to shot and run, shot and run, shot and run, buy a weapon, shot and run, shot and run, buy a weapon... For 45 minutes.
For example: add some archers or mangudai without ballistics, like this you have to dodge them. Some boss too, with special rewards when you kill them why not. Use all city places for build the strategy, be sure players need to go everywhere for have a good chance to win.

First 10 minutes make it easy, after increase infected pop each 5 minutes, then at 40 minutes make it almost impossible, if they lose after they had fun they will play again.

And units disappears when they are near checkpoints, it break the challenge too, try find a new original gameplay.

Sorry for criticize so much lol, it's really for try help you make an epic survive map :)

Please don't apologize, I'm grateful for any and all feedback on this project.
On your point "A good example is the start, you can wait here for 45 minutes and the challenge is done, this mean, actually, there isn't any challenge." Waiting here kind of defeats the point, yes its an easy way to survive, but who wants to sit here for 45 mins.

I will continue working on this project, I like the idea about gradually increasing the volume of enemy units over time. I'm not entirely sold on the addition of ranged enemies, but would adding a variation on the melee enemy, perhaps one with alot more speed/increased attack/health be a better approach?

There are a number of "Bosses" although during survival mode there is no reward for killing them (3 X War Elephant with increased stats). During Story mode these enemy units play a role.
I will also remove the safe zone around checkpoints for Survival mode, the original concept for this idea was to prevent the enemy standing on the location your new unit spawns, thus killing you before you spawn and ending your game.

Again thanks for the feedback, and I'll get to work making this harder and more exciting.

EDIT : Main thread download link updated. Tell me what you think.
 [B3N1T0]AzeRat

đã Post2 Tháng 3 2014 - 2:05 am
;flowers ;flowers ;flowers

[1]
Hiển thị 1 - 10 ngoài 10 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách

What's popular right now: